Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given to you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now, and perhaps without even knowing it, you will live along some distant day into the answers. - Rainer Maria Rilke

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Inspiration

Lately I have been less than inspired, and that's not a good place to be.  When I thought of starting a business, I dreamed of immediate success....someone would see my designs, be just as passionate about them as I am and would have to have one immediately.  Then they would tell 2 friends, and they would tell 2 friends and all of a sudden I'm so busy, I can't see straight.  That is so unrealistic!!!  My husband often tells me self induced expectations lead to self induced frustrations.  And I did it....again! Although dreaming big is a good thing and necessary to succeed, false expectations can get us down. I think this is what is called a reality check.   So to get myself out of this place, I am going out to galleries to get some inspiration. Fresh air + fresh perspectives = motivation!!?!  I'd love to hear what you do for motivation and inspiration!

No comments: