Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given to you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now, and perhaps without even knowing it, you will live along some distant day into the answers. - Rainer Maria Rilke

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Finding Joy

Starting a business, is a long and hard process.  It is definitely a roller coaster ride, up and down, up and down.  It's so easy to get caught up in the negative that you forget to find the joy.  And there is always joy to be found....it's the little things.

I love to help others, but I'm not so great at accepting help from others. Today I had wonderful friends who helped me with a difficult situation. Although it was humbling and hard to accept their help (I definitely don't like to be the center of attention), it is a JOY to know that I have loving and caring friends.

When I got home, my daughter presented herself to me with a bow on her head.  I told her she was the best present ever, and then she decided that she wanted me to have a gift to open, so she packed herself in a suitcase and I got to open my gift.




Her joy was contagious!  And the joy she shared made me remember one of the reasons I am working so hard.  I wish you a day filled with joy!

No comments: