Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given to you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now, and perhaps without even knowing it, you will live along some distant day into the answers. - Rainer Maria Rilke

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

New Brochure


Hi all, sorry it's been so long!  While working on starting up my company, I still need to do freelance work, so I've been working on another logo and brochure for my church.  They wanted something that was similar to the Starting Point (see image below) brochure yet different.  That sound a bit contradictory, but actually I understood what they were looking for.  They wanted a contemporary, modern looking piece that had a different look from the "Starting Point".  These are two classes that are sequential, but separate from each other.


When I was brainstorming on this one, I thought about things that symbolized group and came up with a person coming into a group of people with their arms opened and welcoming, also, with ball games and the hands going up a bat, then to all the hands in a circle.  The client chose the hand in a circle, so I scanned in my hand, and my kids hands and put them in a circle.  It was OK, but too realistic so I started playing in photoshop and came up with the following image, I just loved the neon glowing look.  I then created a background to complement the image, and went from there. This was a fun project to work on!  As always, let me know what you think! Oh, and sorry for the photo quality....a new camera is on my wish list.


No comments: