Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given to you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now, and perhaps without even knowing it, you will live along some distant day into the answers. - Rainer Maria Rilke

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Random Thoughts and Ideations

You may have noticed my prolonged absence from posting to my blog.  I have been contemplating how to proceed in a way that will allow me to continue on my creative journey, and to also inspire your creativity too.

When I set up the format for the blog, I didn't realize how much time it would take to complete every day.  There were some days that I was spending 2 to 3 hours working on the projects.  And, whereas I loved the challenges and I love creating, I also have a family, house and business to take care of.

So, I have decided to change to change up the format to something that I can manage to post on a daily basis. I like the format of the blog, so it will be similar, yet different. I am hoping to post more photos of my process and how I find solutions when things don't go the way I had hoped.  It is going to be on a 3 week cycle based on one inspiration photo: Week 1 - I will work with the color scheme and develop patterns; Week 2 - I will sketch and then create an inspired art piece playing with both 2 and 3 dimensional media; Week 3 will be the week I design a card.  I've had lots of downloads from the ones I have posted and really love sharing that with you.  I also want to complete the collection that shows my journey.

Week 12: Inspiration Photo
I recently had a weekend getaway to the beach.  Early on Saturday the beach was beautiful and sunny, so I enjoyed an early morning walk looking for sand dollars and sea shells.  This is a photo of my loot:






When I went back out later that morning it was quite blustery.  I sat out there for a while and when I finally went back in, I felt as though I had gotten a sandblast facial.







No comments: