Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given to you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now, and perhaps without even knowing it, you will live along some distant day into the answers. - Rainer Maria Rilke

Friday, May 27, 2011

Week 12, Day 4 More Patterns

So continuing with patterns, I went with a hexagon today in Illustrator.

I found a tutorial on how to make this cool retro/honeycomb pattern from Veerle's Blog.  So I created this shape and made it into a symbol, then I duplicated it.


After matching it up, I duplicated again and again, to fill my page



Now it is time to crop and fill the page with the background image/pattern.



Next, I found a cool tool in the symbol palette that allows you to change the colors around with the press of a button.  Here are some of the different variations.  












Isn't it interesting to see the difference a little color can make, and how the different colors react with each other?

No comments: