Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given to you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now, and perhaps without even knowing it, you will live along some distant day into the answers. - Rainer Maria Rilke

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Week 12, Day 3 Circle Patterns

Using my color palette, I created some circle patterns in Illustrator today.

The first pattern I created was using a halftone screen effect .  I started with a simple gradient.  Then I rasterized the image, and through the effects, I created pixels.  I had to try several times to get the right size for what I wanted.  Then I copied the layers in different color, flipping some of the layers 180°.



The second pattern utilized my color palette and then I created this circle pattern, intersected the circles and filled them accordingly.  As I am describing these, I am realizing that showing you the steps would probably make more sense, so tomorrow, I will try to do that!



This pattern is also overlapping circles when I then intersected so I could have each piece separate.  Originally I wanted to use all the color but as I started filling in the shapes with color this one just worked, so I stopped.


No comments: