Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given to you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now, and perhaps without even knowing it, you will live along some distant day into the answers. - Rainer Maria Rilke

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Week 14: Day 3–Playing with Color again

Since my Bleh! day, I have had my daughter graduate from 5th grade...I think the only times I graduated were from high school and from college. I can't believe my baby is growing up so much.  Next year I will have one in high school and one in middle school, a teen and a tween.  Boy, the hormones are raging around here. I never know if what I say will make someone laugh or cry. It's always an adventure!

But, back to blogging...the other day I tried an abstract image with the colors. I didn't like the result, so I decided to try again.  It took a few tries, but I finally ended up with any image that I liked.

The Result:


The Process:
I started in Adobe Illustrator and drew a shape of curly squiggles.  I then cropped the image but didn't like it, so I started over.


To try something different I started with the image size and drew squiggles within the box.  Then I cropped the image and used the pathfinder tool to create individual shapes.


I stared with light colored lines, and then used the darker colors as the fill for the shapes.  I tired a couple of different variations:





With this variation I thought, maybe....



So I tried turning it to see if it worked each way....







But I still wasn't quite feeling it.  So I tried more variations, changing the outline and fill colors to see what I could come up with. 













So still not feeling it, I looked back at what I had already done, and guess what, I thought the first was what I was looking for, but it wasn't quite right so I made a few alterations to the outline colors and weights to come up with the final image:






So I darkened the line up, made the lines thinner and made the frame color the same as the outline color, and voila, I have an abstract image using the dark color palette. 

No comments: