Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given to you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now, and perhaps without even knowing it, you will live along some distant day into the answers. - Rainer Maria Rilke

Thursday, January 20, 2011

COMMITTED!! To a Year Long Journey of Self-Discovery

Like most people at some time or another, lately I feel like I am just running in circles.  I never seem to get anywhere.  After talking about this with my friend Donna (LeaveATrace.net), I found out she has similar feelings. Donna and I used to share a tiny office where if we both rolled our chairs back at the same time, we would crash into each other....ahhh, memories.  Although we don't work together anymore, our friendship has remained throughout the years.
This is the logo I designed for Leave A Trace.
What do you see?

Donna has challenged me (and herself) to commit to blogging for a year.  And, in true Donna fashion, this is not simply blogging for the sake of putting myself out there.  It's a year long, structured and disciplined journey of self-discovery.  And of course, Donna knows I can't resist a challenge!

This is me and Donna at our weekly coffee shop bible study.
She is thrilled I am posting a photo of her!

Based on my passion -- which is art, design, creating -- I have decided to do everyday for the next 52 weeks, I will post something (good, bad or ugly) EVERY SINGLE DAY under the following guidelines:
SUNDAY:  I will post a photo on the blog.  During the week I will sketch, draw, create and design elements and pieces that are inspired by that photo.  I am open to using photos you post to my flickr account.
MONDAY:  I will post sketches that I draw based on the photo.
NOTE: I have switched Tuesday, Wed and Thursday around so all my creative exploration comes before the creating the graphic interpretation. 
WEDNESDAY  Tuesday:  I will create a piece of art inspired by the photo.  I am going to leave myself open to creating with different mediums.  I'd like to be creative with that too!
THURSDAY  Wednesday:  I will play with color themes.  Changing things up, thinking outside the box a bit.
TUESDAY  Thursday:  I will create a graphic interpretation of the photo, or part of the photo.  It could be a logo, an icon, a background, a photoshop brush, a repeating pattern, or anything else. I am definitely open to ideas. 
FRIDAY:  I will post a design piece using the photo or one of my art pieces from the week.  My goal is to use different design styles throughout the year.  
SATURDAY:  I will review either the past week or previous weeks.  
I am excited and nervous to do this.  I'm a fairly private person, so it's scary to put myself out there, but mostly I am excited about the journey!

I would love you to come on this journey with me.  You can just read along, or you are welcome to post comments or send me pictures to use as my weekly inspiration.  

No comments: