Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given to you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now, and perhaps without even knowing it, you will live along some distant day into the answers. - Rainer Maria Rilke

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Week 11, Day 2: Sketches 'n Doodles

Last night in there were some bad storms...winds up to 90 mph, trees, limbs and power lines down all over the place including one of our major interstates in both directions, so it was just a traffic nightmare today.  Normally it wouldn't bother me, but I had a meeting this morning all the way across town.  After changing my route about 3 times to avoid traffic, I finally made it.  The best part of the day was after the meeting I got treated to lunch...at this awesome biker bar called Mac's!  Best burger I've had in a long time!  I didn't have to even eat the rest of the day.  My daughter K is playing Lacrosse over in that area, so I might be eating there more often.

Anyway, that was the beginning of my crazy day, and I was so tired tonight that I was thinking that I would just skip posting today.  Then my conscience  got the better of me (not to mention not wanting to hear about it from D...just kidding!) and I sat down and started to draw. Although I didn't draw that much, I enjoyed the time I took and found it relaxing.  I'm glad I honored my commitment.

In addition to drawing, I researched "paisley".  These are some interesting facts I came up with -- there are plenty more, but I'm too tired to think too much!

  • Of Indian or Persian origin, dating back to around 200 AD.
  • It has a kidney/twisted teardrop shape
  • Although the motif origins are from 200 AD, the name comes from the town of paisley in Scotland.
My sketches and doodles:















No comments: