Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given to you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now, and perhaps without even knowing it, you will live along some distant day into the answers. - Rainer Maria Rilke

Monday, April 4, 2011

Week 11: Inspiration...

Every week I wonder where this blog will take me and what I will use for my inspiration the next week. Sometimes I'm not even sure what my inspiration will be until I am almost ready to work on the post.  Other weeks I have something on my mind. I have a seed of an idea that festers in my head until it finally takes root and begins to grow.

This is one of those ideas that has been festering in my head.  All week I have been thinking about patterns...strange, I know.  This afternoon when I was at the store, there it was on the lady in front of me...Paisley!

I told K, I love paisley, and she said that most people my age did...Really? Really?  She didn't mean it as an insult, but it seemed like it was.  The more she tried to explain, the deeper she sank...poor K!  Poor me, I'm getting older and have no idea how that happened.  I don't feel like I am getting older.

Even if it is a bit old fashioned, I love paisley. What is a paisley? Why are some so simple, and others are completely complex? Have you ever noticed all the patterns within a paisley? I am fascinated by it. So this week, my inspiration is good old fashioned paisley.

The funny thing is I don't own anything that has a paisley print on it. So I got these images from Wikipedia Commons













2 comments:

D said...

Abby loves paisley too! Really really she does! So do I! I even have a paisley stamp somewhere in my stamp collection!

klhood said...

I am not a big fan of paisley - does that mean that I'm really younger than you?