Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given to you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now, and perhaps without even knowing it, you will live along some distant day into the answers. - Rainer Maria Rilke

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Week 10, Day 7: It's a Wrap

Trauma after posting yesterday:
Yesterday after I posted the freebie card my computer quit working. It went black, wouldn't shut down, wouldn't restart, sounded like it would go on, but never made that beautiful sound a mac makes when it starts.  I was freaking out!  It put me in the depths of despair ...it's not a good feeling.

As a freelance graphic designer, blogger, photo-editor, website builder (trying), email-aholic, fb-aholic and tweeter I felt as if a part of me died.  How was I going to recover?  What if I had to buy a new computer...could I even afford it? What about the projects I'm working on, can I recover them from the Time Capsule? 

It might sound dramatic, but it's my bread and butter and if it doesn't work, I'm in trouble!

After several futile attempts to restart it, I went on my son's computer and booked an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for late this afternoon. I also did some searching for troubleshooting...I got some info, but got frustrated with the slowness of his computer and gave up and went to bed.

Today after I got home from being out and about, it started back up....never did that startup chime sound so wonderful!!!  Now I did the research to troubleshoot the problem.  Evidently I had to reset my System Management Controller...a very simple process, and now it is working fine.  R E L I E F!

So, now for the Week 10 review:
Every week I marvel at how far I've come from the beginning. Committing to this blog and finding regular time for myself has made a big difference in many ways.  D says I am different.  I guess what I am trying to relate to you is that everyone needs to take some alone time for themselves. It doesn't matter if you are reading, meditating, creating, enjoying nature, exercising, just do something for yourself!

Day 1: Inspiration - Dogwoods in Bloom






Day 2: More Photos and Sketches











Day 3: Going Graphic













Day 4: Adding Color and Patterns













Day 5: (ah haaaa, the missing day!)



Day 6: Freebie Card




















Until tomorrow.....

1 comment:

D said...

My computer started acting up about 2 weeks ago and I was ready to throw it out the door when alas I looked carefully and found that my husband had set my ipad down on the corner of my keyboard and it was holding down the escape key. So much for a nice neat desk that I have!