Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given to you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now, and perhaps without even knowing it, you will live along some distant day into the answers. - Rainer Maria Rilke

Friday, April 1, 2011

Week 10, Day 3: Going Graphic

In trying to do something a little different, I decided on a simple graphic image of a dogwood blossom.  Simple it was not. I started out very simple then seemed to add more detail as I progressed.  It took a long time to do this all in Adobe Illustrator. But I did learn some new tricks as I played around with it, and after all this is a learning and discovery journey, so what if my kids got leftovers for dinner!


After finishing this and then coming back later, I thought about why I like dogwoods -- because they bring light and life to a seemingly lifeless and dead area.  And this image looks so dark, it just doesn't capture my feeling...something to work on later today.....



No comments: