Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given to you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now, and perhaps without even knowing it, you will live along some distant day into the answers. - Rainer Maria Rilke

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Week 10, Day 2: More Photos and Sketches

Today was a beautiful day and I took some time to go outside to take some more photos of the dogwoods so I would have some more sketch references.  One of the reasons that I love dogwoods is that they bloom and dot the brown bark of winter with new life.  It's so just so pretty, unfortunately my photos just don't capture my vision.  Why is that?




































Then I did some sketching late tonight.  I also got S's markers and did a marker drawing too.  Then I took it into photoshop and added some colors that S didn't have.  I also played made one of the drawings look like copper.


sketch, sort of what I see...


Now, through the magic of Photoshop,
it's a copper etching.


My marker sketch of a dogwood flower.

What is your favorite flower?  or tree?  Or what do you like best about spring?

1 comment:

D said...

Love the sketches. One of my favorites is bee balm. I will search my pictures from the summer and see if I can find one for you.