Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given to you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now, and perhaps without even knowing it, you will live along some distant day into the answers. - Rainer Maria Rilke

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Week 9: Day 1, Sketching

Ok, since I did my sketches last week, I decided to do something a little different today.  I loved the tracing of the different "onions".

So I took the tracing, then made an ink sketch.  Then I used my son's Copic pens -- they are super cool markers that cartoonists and illustrators use to color their art.  They have an end that is like a watercolor brush, so it's almost like painting.  It did take a while to get used to them since it is a different way to add  color.  Last time I tried to use them, I didn't do like the result.  I think this time, I got the hang of it!

I'm really happy with the drawing.  Some of the colors are not quite the same, but I was using a limited color palette – nice pens = nice price (or is it not nice price?).


Marker Drawing of St. Basil's

So what do you think?  

No comments: