Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given to you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now, and perhaps without even knowing it, you will live along some distant day into the answers. - Rainer Maria Rilke

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Week 9: Inspiration

I am starting my 9th week, that's my 2nd month.  Where does the time go?  My inspiration photos this week are the photos from Russia, again.  Since I was occupied with the consignment sale last week and didn't get go do everything I wanted, I decided to carry over my inspiration from last week.

To recap, if you don't already know, my cousin and her husband went to Russia in Dec/January to adopt 2 wonderful boys.  While there they had to stay in Moscow a couple of days and did a little sight seeing.  Here are some of their photos:

the source of my inspiration,
St. Basil's Cathedral


Ice Sculptures



More Ice Scupltures 


Holiday Nights 




Red Square by day



Kremlin in the Red Square


Then I did a few sketches and tracings:

St. Basil's Cathedral Main Steeple



Onion top 



Tracing of the Silhouette



Collage of the Different Architecture

After that I had plans, grand plans, but I got immersed in the Consignment Sale for the weekend. So this week I am finishing up my plans.  Can't wait to see where this goes! 

No comments: