Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given to you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now, and perhaps without even knowing it, you will live along some distant day into the answers. - Rainer Maria Rilke

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Week 3, Day 1: Inspiration from Another Artist

As I thought about this week I decided to use another artist as inspiration.  That artist is my sister Kathy.  She is a polymer clay artist and does phenomenal work.  If you want to check out her current work, just go to her website at www.klhood.com.

As her sister, it was obvious that I would design her logo and business card.  She pays me for my work in jewelry....I think I'm the one the benefits from the deal!  Over a year ago she sent me a bunch of photos of some of her beads and her polymer clay blends.  She makes sheets of colors and blends which are used to make her beads, pens, barrettes and the other pieces she makes.  I really wish I had some more recent photos because her work has really grown over the past year.

The first photo is my inspiration photo for this week. I chose it because I love the pattern.



Some of her beads:












This is the piece I used for her business card.




Some of her color sheets:















Pretty cool, huh?  If you want to see her newer styles and her products, just visit her website.

No comments: