Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given to you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now, and perhaps without even knowing it, you will live along some distant day into the answers. - Rainer Maria Rilke

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Week 4, Day 3: Creative Tuesday - Building Models, Part 1

Good day! When I googled Tap-taps I found some photos of a collection of miniature vehicles.  It looked like a souvenir collection from the different places this person had visited.  There were all kinds of vehicles, but the one that caught my eye was a toy tap-tap. This inspired me to create my own tap-tap.

My routine has developed that I work on my creative journey at night.  This is mostly since I have had a lot of freelance work, and honestly, as much as I love doing the blog, I have to do my paying work first.  Working at night usually gives me uninterrupted time, unless I still have work. After my daughter is in bed, I get to play...if I waited for my son to go to bed, I'd never get any sleep! I also like working at night because it gives me time during the day to stew over what I want to do for my projects.

As I went through the day, I thought of the things I could use for my tap-tap, how I could put it together and how I would decorate it.  To limit myself, I decided that I would use only what I could find at home.  No going out to buy paints, stickers or even a model. Recycling, or is it repurposing.....

Tonight, I had to finish up a freelance job, so I am still in the gathering stage for my tap-tap and figuring out how will I express myself.  Can't wait to see what develops!

No comments: