Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given to you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now, and perhaps without even knowing it, you will live along some distant day into the answers. - Rainer Maria Rilke

Friday, February 25, 2011

Week 5, Day 5: Type Design, Part 1

One thing I love to do is play with type. Below is a Christmas Card I designed a couple of years ago.  It looks easy but the challenge is making every word unique, getting it to fit, and not making it to heavy or light visually, and creating emphasis where you want it.


The photo is K when she was Christened,
my mom made her dress.
Card was created in Adobe Illustrator.

So today I am using my favorite quote to show interesting ways of creating art with typography.

stay tuned for the rest of the story.....