Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given to you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now, and perhaps without even knowing it, you will live along some distant day into the answers. - Rainer Maria Rilke

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Week 4, Day 3: Creative Tuesday - Not Building a Model, Part 3

Today I had my coffee shop Bible Study and Jess showed me more photos of her trips to Haiti. She has been going for about 5 years, but the team has been going for about 10 years.  If you want to see before and after photos of some of the surgery patients, go to www.haitimedicalmission.org.

Jess in Haiti

Surgery

Jess checking a patient after surgery




So I continued through the day to snatch a few moments here and there to work on my tap tap.  I'm not the most patient person, and I wanted to just get it done so I can get caught up the blog.  Then I realized that it's not about the finished product, it's about the process -- something that's been drummed into my head since I was in design school. So I decided to take my time, work through the process and get done what I could. The fact that I didn't finish the model is not important. I will make it another day.

These are my final images that I created.  It took me a total of about 1 hour to draw and color all of this.

The bus/taxi roof

Random bubble pattern

Image of an angel, style is inspired by
a graphic in my sketches

star pattern, inspired by one of the taxi images

While I was working on this, K decided to join me and make her own designs.  I think she did an awesome job.

K's art

I think it's fun and festive. I loved making the patterns, but I think it could have been more fun with paint...another idea for another day!

No comments: